We’ve made a lot of improvements to Sudoku In Space based on the awesome suggestions we’ve had from our users. The app has been very well received and we believe it is worthy of the extra time we’ve spent on making it as perfect as possible. We’ve had great reviews from sites and from our users. Here’s a small sample:
- “If you’re looking for a new way to play Sudoku, or if you’ve never played before because it hasn’t appealed to you, try this. You might be pleasantly surprised, like I was! Score: A”
– Nerdy But Flirty
- “…pretty much blows the traditional paper and pen version out of the water. With this version of Sudoku you’ll be treated to all kinds of fun and vivid colors, music, sound effects, and graphics, something you’re probably not used to when it comes to Sudoku.”
– App Picker
- “Sudoku in Space is the sudoku game for people who thought they couldn’t play sudoku!…If you’ve always struggled with learning how to play Sudoku or you’re looking for a new way to play, you’ll definitely enjoy Sudoku in Space.”
– In Our Spare Time
- “My Go-to Game!! Before this game, I had never played an electronic version of Sudoku. WOW!! The format for this game allows you to switch between Numbers with Colors, or just Colors.(I like Just Colors, as it helps me to see patterns easier) The format for “penciling in” those spots that you are unsure of is perfect for not confusing you as you narrow down the right option. Also, Sudoku in Space has so many challenging stages to beat that I have been playing a few rounds a day, and have barely made a dent them!! This game has so many well thought out features, it has surprisingly become a part of my daily fun.” – 5 out of 5 stars – Loren Marvin (via Google Play)
- “I have been looking over the market place for three years for a simple, non-adfilled, non spyware junk color Sudoku game and despite there being 50 some odd apps out there, they all sucked. This app has a simple interface, a notation function, several hundred puzzles of varying difficulty, and a decent interface. I can’t believe it took 5 years of android smart phone dominance to get such a simple game in the market, but Napland Games has finally delivered.” – 5 out of 5 stars – Ryan (Amazon App Store)
- Innovative and Compelling Design ★★★★★
by Dan_T_C – Version – 1.01.04 – Oct 16, 2014 (iTunes App Store)
Sudoku in space has an atmosphere like no other, making an otherwise boring mathematical game visually pleasing and mentally stimulating. The substitution of colors for numbers makes the concept of sudoku much more evident and easy for a large variety of players to understand! The animations are fantastic – you can actually see lines drawn to confirm the validity of your answer, which will effectively explain your success or your error. The large amount of levels provides for hours of gameplay at varying difficulty settings. I strongly recommend this app for younger sudoku players and amateurs!
So, what’s new in Sudoku In Space version 2? Tons!
- We’ve added a cute and fun story of Allen the Alien’s adventure through space. It’s your goal to solve puzzles and collect items to help him get back home to Andromeda Prime. The story extends beyond that in a second chapter. You’ll have to play to find out what happens.
- We took a lot of the graphics and polished them up to make them shinier and have more character. Most changes are minute, but you may notice that the numbers are a bit easier to read.
- We added some more music tracks. People responded really well to our selection of Adi Goldstein’s music. So we added some more of his beautiful tracks to the mix.
- Another awesome improvement we made is that you can now switch to “speed input” mode. Our initial mode of input was geared toward newcomers to Sudoku and we believe it works well for them. However, it can be a bit slow and tedious for more experienced players. So now you can switch on speed input and you stay on fill-in mode, pencil-in mode, or clear mode and you can change colors however you want. So if you know where all the greens need to go just select fill-in mode (the green check), the green color button, and then keep tapping the cells on the board you want to fill in until you’re done! This has cut my personal time by about 1/3. I think many of you will really enjoy this feature.
- We’ve also added a bunch of more puzzles. Everyone gets 300 more puzzles for free and we put in puzzle packs that you can buy. The puzzle packs each contain 300 more puzzles. One pack for each difficulty level other than beginner.